in a nutshell
Do you have a flexible mindset and love to work in a small team where your decisions matter?
At Virtual Bodyworks we are looking for talented Senior Unity C# Developers to join our team in Barcelona.
Our founders are world-renowned computer and neuroscientists who have been developing VR experiences for decades, specialising mainly in psychological, social, and clinical rehabilitation. You will be part of a growing interdisciplinary team that builds a new foundation for our upcoming products and shape the future of virtual learning experiences with Virtual Bodyworks.
You will work with cutting edge technologies to push forward what is possible for learning experiences in VR.
What You'll Do
- Develop VR experiences in Unity used for psychological, social and clinical rehabilitation
- Guide other team members to develop maintainable code
- Participate in the decision-making process
- Provide constructive code reviews
- Design and implement new features for our current and upcoming mobile VR applications
- Support in designing and implementing long-lasting and flexible software architecture
- At the end of your first project, success would mean that you contributed to the project with high-quality code, creating an application which gave users the illusion their virtual body was their real body, allowing them to experience the world from a different perspective.
- You are a team player
- You are open-minded and easy to communicate with the rest of the team
- You have experience with code conventions, programming patterns, and software architectures
- You have strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming, TDD and Code Architecture and Coding in C#
- You are willing to keep up with current technologies
- You can monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with the team to implement those fixes
- You have a problem-solving mindset with the will to write clean, reusable and understandable code
- You feel comfortable with Object-Oriented Programming
- You have a good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- You have good time management skills
- You speak English proficiently
Nice to have
- You have experience with Jira project management software
- You have experience with VR display, mobile development, humanoid avatars and tracking systems such as Oculus, VIVE, Valve, etc.
- You have experience in machine learning, experience for vision and/or sound
- A competitive salary
- An exciting work environment in the Barcelona Health Hub, including a Roof terrace and amazing views over Barcelona
- A strong international team culture with team lunch & events
- Working with the global pioneers of Embodiment in Virtual Reality, Mel Slater, Mavi Sanchez-Vives and Bernhard Spanlang
- The opportunity to shape a company that is creating a new training standard
- The latest hardware systems to work with and free access to them for private testing
- Close collaboration with scientific institutions and the possibility to become co-authors on scientific publications
- Flexible working hours
- Home office
- 30 days of paid leave
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com and we'll get back to you soon. All the best!